Mockingbird is looking for a full time website designer. This job requires proven fluency with Figma, Photoshop, XD, cross-team collaboration, web browsers (Chrome, Edge, Safari, Firefox, etc.) and UX/UI and branding/positioning. Driving audience engagement to convert is the primary goal of every website we produce. While we would love to win design awards, we prioritize designing for conversion above all else. That said, our clients know a good looking website when they see one and we must rely on tried and true while exploring cutting edge.
Our next website designer has a passion for running tests to see which design converts better than the last and builds off of what has already been done rather than reinventing the wheel with every new website product. They will also understand what an accessible website means and include accessibility best practices within their responsive, mobile-first designs.
A passion for scaling design for an effective (conversions), profitable website product that is in scope, on time and in-budget is required. Experience with doing so is a bigger feather in your cap.
The proficiency to design landing pages is a must have. The ability to create/edit logos is very nice to have.
You’ll be working directly with Mockingbird’s website project manager, lead developer, clients, and under the direction of the vice president of technology, products and operations.
- You will work collaboratively with the project manager, lead developer, customer success and digital strategy team, sales and directly with clients.
- You will ensure all of our sites conform to SEO best practices from a design perspective and know when an image is too large for the web. This requires staying up to date with the constantly changing technical landscape.
- You won’t let design get in the way of function.
- You know the difference between web fonts and print fonts.
- You will strive to improve upon our existing websites and product offerings with each website and landing page produced with A/B testing.
- You will strive to become more efficient and reduce the number of design hours required with each website and landing page.
- You will continually communicate project progress and meet deadlines.
- You will never be satisfied, look to improve with each website, and be obsessed with site speed, security and responsive/mobile-first design.
- You will be able to communicate the law firm’s brand through the website design (scales of justices not needed).
- You can distill and communicate a firm’s brand and position through your design.
- 2+ years of Website/Landing Page design experience.
- Strong understanding of UX/UI.
- Well-spoken and professional.
- SEO best practices.
- Proficiency with design tools (Photoshop, XD, Figma, Avocode, Illustrator, etc.).
- WordPress Design Proficiency.
- Expert problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Clear ability to adapt and exercise good judgment in dynamic situations.
- Hyper organized.
- SEM agency experience.
- Experience with WP Engine is a strong plus.
- Experience with HubSpot is a strong plus.
- Experience with Teamwork is a strong plus.
- Logo design is a strong plus.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance.
- Optional additional insurance benefits (at employee expense).
- SIMPLE IRA matching.
- 3 weeks PTO / 1 week sick time off.
- Profit share opportunities.
Mockingbird is made possible by a team of insanely smart, eager, and genuinely fantastic human beings. Our office is located in downtown Seattle, in the heart of Pioneer Square, however our team is located across the US. We are constantly looking for talent and unique perspectives. As a Google Partner and Hubspot Gold Partner we have access to advanced training for our employees and are constantly striving to meet our core goals of bettering the lives of our employees and clients, in that order.
Think you have what it takes to help us grow our operations to deliver the absolute best data-driven legal marketing services?
Throw out everything you’ve come to expect from a marketing agency. Must be a dog-lover to apply!