We cut our teeth in legal SEO back in 2006 while architecting Avvo’s online marketing strategy. Our clients benefit directly from 6 years of experience growing Avvo from plucky startup to market leader.
Like many of our clients, we are a high-end boutique – providing expertise and experience impossible to find anywhere else. We solve complex technical problems and clean up the messes caused by other vendors. We eschew the empty fads, overblown promises, and misperceptions the legal marketing industry perpetuates. We operate as your VP of Marketing – funneling your investment into the channels proven to work and speaking in business terms instead of technobabble.
We make your phone ring.
Our 10 Commandments
1. We Love Lawyers
Attorneys who represent individuals are the primary counterbalance to corporate malfeasance, the greedy insurance industry and the widespread abuse of police and political power. We are honored to play a small role in this system.
2. We are Responsible for our Clients’ Livelihoods
Our performance dictates if our clients can pay their mortgage, their staff and their kids’ college tuition.
3. Don’t Make Clients Happy – Make Them Successful
Don’t pander to misguided strategies or humor foolhardy requests from clients just to keep them happy. We will argue with a client instead of wasting her money.
4. Proactively Deliver Bad News
Things don’t always go right – our job is to proactively uncover problems and keep clients informed.
5. White Hat to a Fault
Don’t engage in unethical marketing – we are in business for the long term, as are our clients.
6. Speak in Business Terms – Not Technical Jargon
Our job is to drive our clients’ business – so we focus our conversation on business terms instead of confusing technical lexicon which frequently is used to cloud the issue.
7. Don’t Ask Clients What Their Budget is – Tell Them What Their Investment Needs to Be
Our job is not to squeeze as much revenue out of our clients as possible, but instead define their budget and then squeeze as much marketing our of their investment as possible.
8. Done is Better Than Perfect
Push projects forward and iterate on improvements to maintain momentum. No one sees the perfect, unlaunched website.
9. Explore Cutting Edge – Rely on Tried and True
Technology tends to have lots of the new new new thing. Spend less than 5% of our time on these.
10. It May Not Be Our Fault, But It Is Still Our Problem
The only finger pointing we engage in is pointing to ourselves as the solution.
Metric-driven. Mockingbird executes on the lowest hanging fruit – whatever that may be – to drive the greatest return on your investment.
All inclusive. We handle it all; SEO to PPC and all the acronyms in between.
Experienced. CEO Conrad Saam previously ran marketing for Avvo, which grew from concept to legal market leader in 4 years through exceptionally smart search marketing.
Proactive. We believe in delivering news – the bad and the good.
Made in America
We insource because we deliver the absolute highest quality of service to our clients. The only way to do that is to sit together in an office, in a high tech city like Seattle (crawling with high end SEO talent) and execute the right work the right way.
We’ve seen over and over again the huge quality gaps that happen when outsourcing technical work. When it comes to SEO, outsourcing abroad frequently leads to shoddy work and dangerous shortcuts. We simply won’t take that chance with our clients.
Working With us
- Ideal Client – Our ideal client is responsive and business results oriented.
- Ranking Reports – We don’t use ranking reports, because ranking reports do not reflect how much traffic your website is getting (and how much business that traffic is generating).
- Guarantees – Previous tactics, algorithm changes, consumer behavior and competitor actions all play a part in your traffic. Since it is not entirely within our control, we do not offer guarantees or outlandish projections.
- Alternatives – If you aren’t excited about engaging Mockingbird for any reason, we’ll happily recommend alternatives that better suit your needs (really).