The Sales Consultant is responsible for driving revenue growth at Mockingbird by consulting with inbound inquiries to come up with a strategic plan and commensurate budget for a law firm’s individual situation. You oversee the entire sales process from fielding calls to contract signature and work closely with our founder during the actual sales pitch.
Opportunities exist with a consistent stream of inbound inquiries and lapsed project-based clients. You’ll work closely with our own marketing to focus efforts on the most effective marketing channels and come up with new concepts for outreach. You’ll also secure up to 40 speaking opportunities a year for Mockingbird executives, which drive our inbound sales engine. Mockingbird has a strong reputation in the space and currently receives roughly two inbound sales inquiries per day.
IMPORTANT: You are NOT overly (or even remotely) aggressive and understand that some clients really just need a small budget solution. You take a consultative approach – finding the right tactical solution(s) for the prospect’s unique situation. You intuitively understand the value and effectiveness of the soft sell and balance the appropriate level of follow-up. You don’t sell at all costs and recommend alternatives when the prospect may not be a good fit for Mockingbird.
You have a business centric mindset and are comfortable discussing online marketing through the lens of fundamental business principles like ROI, payback period and cost per client. In a perfect world, you’ve worked within legal (Avvo peeps anyone?). You are experienced with our primary products:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Pay per Click Advertising
- Website Design and Redesign
- Seattle Area
- Tact –the difference between proactive and annoying is a fine line and different for every person. You adjust your style according to each individual.
- Business Centric – marketing is an investment not a cost. You understand the nuanced difference.
- Experienced – Medium to strong experience with SEO and/or PPC.
- Thick Skin – also known as persistence – you’ll be dealing with the gatekeepers of busy attorneys who frankly hold search online marketing sales people in very low regard.
- Organized Perfectionist: Fastidiously organized, grammatically superlative and pedantically detail oriented.
- Impeccable Customer Skills: This is a personality trait that can be nurtured, but if the underlying mentality isn’t there it’s never going to happen. Great parents or experience selling shoes at Nordstrom may help.
Compensation will be competitive and is based on experience. This is not a 9-5 job, nor is it highly structured with a pre-defined roadmap for success. The fine print: flexible hours, health insurance, retirement plan, and structured monthly bonuses.
About Mockingbird Marketing
Mockingbird is a marketing agency focused exclusively on providing VP of Marketing level service to the legal marketplace. We run everything for our clients – from PPC to SEO to TV (and lots of other acronyms.) Mockingbird currently has 117 clients and we’re adding about five a month. We provide a comprehensive approach to online marketing – our primary value is in identifying, prioritizing and executing on the lowest hanging fruit that will drive new business for our clients.
To date, our growth has been fueled by inbound inquires and referrals, so there is significant room for aggressive growth.