NOTE: This is a unique opportunity to be the first hire in a newly established Dark Social Department at Mockingbird. Become a pioneering force in the adoption of Dark Social Marketing among the legal industry. As such, we’re prioritizing looking for the right person who really gets it – regardless of experience – from a 4 year-experienced Manager, to a mid-career Director who can drive strategy and client relationships. If you listen to Chris Walker, you might be a great fit. If you think Chris Walker is an R&B artist from the early 90’s, you probably aren’t.
You will work directly with legal clients on the execution of tried and tested Dark Social Media strategy. You’ll tactically customize our approach to each firm given their positioning within their local market and identify appropriate social channels for their specific target market. You’ll work directly with clients to build relationships and events within their community and translate that offline activity into online engagement. You’ll generate content from that offline activity and oversee the production, distribution and promotion of short and long form video, audio and written content and analyze results to drive ongoing success. Over time you’ll build a deep familiarity with what drives social media algorithms to refine our strategies and drive more success.
Your long-term primary metric for success is consultations for our legal clients attributable as referrals from social media.
- Deep familiarity with Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, Instagram, and perspective on what might be coming next as drivers in the legal market.
- Minimum 3 years in client-facing roles (preferably within professional services or legal industries). Must be empathetic, client-centric, possess the ability to actively listen, and treat others with respect and dignity.
- Video and audio content development from Hardware to Software to Post-Production; experience with OBS, Descript, a strong plus.
- Social media advertising – ad development, targeting, and campaign analysis.
- Experience with boots-on-the-ground community engagement and relationship building, events, key influencer outreach. Localized PR work, a strong plus.
- Ability to thrive in an environment that’s constantly changing and handle an incredibly demanding clientele.
- Organizational preferences and attention to detail are borderline obsessive.
- Prior experience in legal would be great although we believe the right person probably doesn’t work in this industry yet.