Once you’ve entered into a partnership with a digital marketing agency, whether you’ve signed agreements or agreed to an audit, you’re going to need to provide access to your Google AdWords account. The process is relatively simple if you know what you’re doing, but it’s very easy to get lost.
Here’s how to grant AdWords access to agencies in 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Client Sends AdWords Customer ID
- Log in to your Google AdWords account
- Find your Customer ID and email it to your agency
- Stay logged in and wait for the agency to request approval
Step 2: Marketing Agency Requests Access
- Log in to the top level Manager Account for Google AdWords
- Under Accounts, click +Account and select “Link existing accounts”
- Enter the provided customer ID and click “Continue”
- Name the account (for internal use only) and click “Request approval”
Step 3: Client Approves Access
- Click the gear icon (top right) and select “Account Settings”
- Click “Account Access” on the left menu
- Click “Accept Request” and if you’d like provide full access, grant Admin permissions
And that’s it! You’ve successfully granted a marketing agency access to your AdWords account.