Mockingbird Marketing is a full service, solution based marketing agency focused on the Legal Industry. Services and products include website design and development, search engine optimization, paid advertising, directory management, reporting, social media management (when it makes sense) and more. As a Google Premier and Hubspot Gold Partners, Mockingbird Marketing operates as an “Outsourced Marketing Department” that skips the technical jargon and speaks in business terms.
Mockingbird’s ultimate mission is to dramatically improve the lives of our employees and clients (in that order) through exceptional digital marketing.
Mockingbird is looking for a full time WordPress Developer, ideally located in Seattle, WA. This job requires proven fluency with CSS, HTML and PHP development (WordPress) as well as the ability to manage web development projects from start to finish. You’ll be working directly with clients, the design team and Digital Strategists to build user friendly, fast, and SEO-minded websites for law firms of various sizes and needs.
- You’ll work collaboratively with the Design team, Digital Strategists, Sales and directly with clients.
- You’ll ensure all of our sites conform to SEO best practices. This requires staying up to date with the constantly changing technical landscape.
- You’ll strive to improve upon our existing websites and product offerings.
- You’ll continually communicate project progress and meet deadlines.
- You’ll collaborate with account executives to troubleshoot, update and/or refresh existing websites.
- You’ll never be satisfied and look to improve with each website and be obsessed with site speed, security and responsive development.
- 5+ year of WordPress development
- Strong understanding of Google’s Core Web Vitals update.
- Front end development skills (HTML, CSS, & jQuery)
- WordPress development fluency (PHP, Theme/Child Theme Development)
- Plugin experience (Advanced Custom Fields, Yoast)
- Well-spoken and professional
- SEO industry knowledge
- Experience with development tools (Git, nodeJS, npm, gulp, SaSS
- Experienced with website migrations (on and off WordPress)
- Expert problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Hosting/registrar/DNS experience
- Experience with WP Engine a strong plus.
- Experience with Hubspot a strong plus.
- Clear ability to adapt and exercise good judgement in dynamic situations
- Hyper organized
- SEM agency experience
- Project management experience
Compensation is dependent on experience (weird, right?). We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan, vacation/PTO, paid holidays, sick time, and a flexible, fast paced work environment. We also have access to amenities in the Smith Tower (gym, bike lockers, cafeteria, etc.) Friendly, well-behaved dogs are also welcome!
Sound like the perfect fit?
Email us – jobs[at]mockingbirdmarketing.com – please send your resume, portfolio and cover letter.