Mockingbird Marketing is a full service, solution based marketing agency focused on the Legal Industry. Services and products include website design and development, search engine optimization, paid advertising, directory management, reporting, social media management (when it makes sense) and more. As a Google Premier Partner, Mockingbird Marketing operates as an “Outsourced Marketing Department” that skips the technical jargon and speaks in business terms. Mockingbird’s ultimate mission is to connect lawyers with the people who need their help and expertise.
Mockingbird is looking for a full time WordPress developer in Seattle, WA. This job requires proven fluency with CSS, HTML and PHP development (WordPress) as well as the ability to manage web development projects from start to finish. You’ll be working directly with clients, the design team and account executives to build user friendly, fast, and SEO-minded websites for law firms of various sizes and needs.
- You’ll work collaboratively with the design team, account executives, sales and directly with clients.
- You’ll strive to improve upon our existing websites and product offerings.
- You’ll continually communicate project progress and meet deadlines.
- You’ll adhere to, revise, and define processes to create a seamless customer experience.
- You’ll collaborate with account executives to troubleshoot, update and/or refresh existing websites.
- You’ll understand and adapt to Mockingbird’s ongoing product and technology developments.
- You’ll stay current on the latest development techniques, SEO best practices and browser limitations.
- You’ll never be satisfied and look to improve with each website and be obsessed with site speed, security and responsive development.
- Located in/near Seattle
- 1+ year of WordPress development
- Front end development skills (HTML, CSS, & jQuery)
- WordPress development fluency (PHP, Theme/Child Theme Development, Familiarity with Genesis Framework)
- Plugin experience (Advanced Custom Fields, Yoast)
- Well-spoken and professional
- SEO industry knowledge
- Experience with development tools (Git, nodeJS, npm, gulp, SaSS)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- 2+ years of WordPress development
- Experienced with website migrations (on and off WordPress)
- Expert problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Hosting/registrar/DNS experience
- Experience with WP Engine
- Clear ability to adapt and exercise good judgement in dynamic situations
- Hyper organized
- Skilled with virtual meeting software (GoToMeeting, Join.me, Hangouts, etc.)
- SEM agency experience
- Project management experience
Compensation is dependent on experience (weird, right?). We offer a competitive salary, health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan, vacation/PTO, paid holidays, sick time, and a flexible, fast paced work environment. We also have access to amenities in the Smith Tower (gym, bike lockers, cafeteria, etc.) Friendly, well-behaved dogs are also welcome!
Sound like the perfect fit?
Email us – jobs[at]mockingbirdmarketing.com – please send your resume, portfolio and cover letter.