Contract Legal Writer
Mockingbird Marketing is looking for an amazing legal writer to serve our growing client list of law firms. The Legal Writer will generate detailed and localized descriptions about various legal practice areas. Additionally, he/she will monitor the web for topical legal issues and news and reactively cover those topics in blog posts. At all times, you will prioritize content quality instead of quantity.
- Responsive, proactive and professional.
- Ability to translate complex legal concepts into easy to understand, consumer friendly language.
- Persnickety attention to factual and grammatical detail.
- Minimum of 4 years legal experience as a lawyer or paralegal in a consumer facing practice. Personal Injury experience a very strong plus.
- Legal research experience.
- Good phone presence – you will be interfacing directly with out clients.
- Familiarity with search engine optimization principals (H1’s, Title Tags, keyword research etc.).
- Previous experience with blogging and social media.
- Experience writing for the web.
- Undergraduate degree in English or Journalism.
- Seattle area.
- Retired members of the US military or spouses of active members a strong plus.
The idea candidate is a strong writer with advanced command of the English language. You can take banal and technical legal concepts and make them both straightforward and interesting. You knew what “banal” and “persnickety” meant without looking them up but would never use them when writing for the general populace because it would alienate your audience.
I anticipate 10-30 hours of work a week. If you are interested, please submit a resume and your three best writing samples written for a general audience to email@example.com. Applicants with a strong endorsement from someone I trust strongly preferred.