The Web Designer will primarily design WordPress websites in accordance with Mockingbird’s best practices. The role reports to Mockingbird’s Lead Designer and Developer. This is a very hands on role and will incorporate everything from designing comps from scratch to ensuring SEO best practices are maintained to painstakingly migrating large sites to an updated WP theme.
The ideal candidate has a strong academic background in online design theory, an eagerness to learn, a technical curiosity and strong customer facing communication skills. I cannot stress the latter enough. Experience working within WordPress is a bonus but not required.
This role is a full time position.
- Seattle Area: we are located in Pioneer Square.
- Experience: Up to two years of experience in online/graphic design.
- Web/Graphic Design
- Other Applicable Skills (not required)
- Understanding of Hosts/Registrars/DNS/A Records (site migration process)
- Adobe Illustrator
- Video Editing – Adobe Premier and Adobe Audition
- Adobe After Effects
- Deadline Driven
- Customer Skills: This is a personality trait that can be nurtured, but if the underlying mentality isn’t there it’s never going to happen.
- Known Quantity: Endorsement from someone in the industry I know and trust a huge bonus.
Strategic pontificators, arty prima donnas, and corporate cogs need not apply.
Competitive based on experience.
About Mockingbird Marketing
Mockingbird is a marketing agency focused exclusively on providing VP of Marketing level service to the legal marketplace. We run everything for our clients – from PPC to SEO to TV (and lots of other acronyms.) Mockingbird currently has 40 clients and we’re adding about four a month. We provide a comprehensive approach to online marketing – our primary value is in identifying, prioritizing and executing on the lowest hanging fruit that will drive new business for our clients.
If you are interested, please submit a resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.